Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I have to do WHAT?!?!?

I know this next post is supposed to be about the glorious field trip we took to the MSI a few weeks ago but this has got to be said...

I already know that I have to figure something out for my kids to perform during the Christmas Pageant. I already have one song and I am trying to work on another one that is whimsical, fun, and EASY! I actually rather enjoy working at a school that unabashedly celebrates Christmas...but then I get an e-mail that just floored me...

Teachers, the tree trimming party is on November 30. Please make sure to have your kids make their ornaments for the tree...WHAT!?!?!?!?!?

I think I almost passed out right there and then. I'm wondering when there will be enough time in the day, let alone the month to figure something out. And now that I know I have to do this my mind has already kicked into gear about what kind of ornament I will have the kids make...I would like to do something that doesn't duplicate something the kids have done in the last three years of being at our school...and something where I don't have to spend too much money...I have pipe cleaners, origami paper, Popsicle sticks and construction paper...I think I might even have a glue gun and I definitely have a ton of googly eyes...I have websites, craft books, and a few ideas...now I just need to find the time to make a demo ornament and make sure I have enough supplies for 18 kids to make said ornaments!

You may resume your normally scheduled lives...I think I need to take my blood pressure pill.

Sincerely,
Novice Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment